Thursday, August 31, 2006

Do you want to know what happened yesterday?

I went to pick up Caden from after school care. This was only his second day of school ever, and his first day of the after school care at the YMCA, which is right there on campus. Anyway, I walked into the class and the YMCA girl asks me who I was there to pick up. I say Caden, she immediately tells me that he's not there.

What do you mean he's not here?

She says no, he's not here, someone picked him up already.

Hm. Heart starting to pound now.

She gets on her little walkie-talkie to ask the other girl, the one that goes to collect the Kindergarteners when school lets out. No, she says, the teacher said someone picked him up after class, he hasn't been here.

My hands are shaking as I call his dad to see if he picked him up early. My mind was racing, my sister? His dad? No, they would have called me. They would have called me.

Then the girl says

"I'm sorry, he IS here. I got his name confused with another boy."

Fuck you, you stupid fucking twit. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you. If you don't know the kid's names maybe you should verify information before telling a mom that her kid is not there. Do you have any idea how many awful scenarios can cross a parent's mind in a fraction of a second? I hate you, you stupid fucking brainless asshole. Fuck you.

and fuck your stupid walkie-talkie, too.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers