Tuesday, June 14, 2005

more music

because sometimes I just don't have anything to say.

My brand new brother-in-law made me a mix CD of some hip hop music he likes. I'm all over this hip hop shit right now. Who knew I could be so open-minded? Caden informed me that this is "boy music" and apparently not suitable for "girls and mommies". I told him I didn't want him to be sexist but he ignored me completely. He thinks girls should only listen to female singers and vice versa. Who's teaching him this crap? Duckie, if I find out this is what he's learning at your house I'm not going to let him go there anymore. Oh, who am I kidding, you could be teaching him to murder kittens and I'd still relish the time alone.

The CD includes Quannum, MF Doom, Gift of Gab, Maroon, Lyrics Born, Sage Francis, and Blackalicious. My favorite is a song called "Callin' Out", which is apparently a combination of Lyrics Born and someone else, don't ask me who. I've noticed that these guys tend to do stuff together, its hard to tell who you're listening to. This guy does something with that guy, that guy does something with the other guy, that guy over there does something with some new guy, who did something last year with that other one. It's confusing, so I don't try to figure it out, I just dance. and dance and dance and dance.

(hip hop fans, please forgive me if I've spelled these names wrong. I cannot be bothered with such details)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers