Tuesday, December 11, 2007

We're all god's creatures.

I wanted to tell you about the bee.

The poor bee died in the parking garage. It was stuck in the window. I didn't quite understand that part because it shouldn't have been difficult to get out. Basically, you fly one way you hit glass, you fly the other way and you're FREE! But he couldn't do it because he was stupid so he died.

I first saw him on a Monday. I don't know how long he had been there but he was on his way to that big flower patch in the sky already. I felt like I should step on him and put him out of his misery, but he was huge. Huge. The size of a walnut. Ok, maybe the size of a grape, but whatever, he was really big and I didn't want his guts all over my shoe. Then I saw him Wednesday, still struggling to get through the glass. He was moving a lot slower, and I felt really bad about not killing him. But again, the guts thing, you know? So I let him slowly die. Looking through the glass at freedom, not knowing how to attain it. I could have ended it quickly. But I chose not to because I didn't want bee guts on my shoe. Also, the popping noise would have creeped me out.

The end.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers