Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Gotta dance

What is it about that Isley Brothers song Shout that makes me want to...well...kick my heels up and um...throw my hands up? I simply cannot contain myself. I can try, but before I know it I'm bopping my head and waving my hands around. And that's just in my car, you should see me at home! My kid thinks I'm nutty. He's not the only one, either. I can just imagine the calls that are made by the people around me. "Hello, 911? I think the girl in the car next to me is having an epileptic fit. Yeah, she's thrashing around in her car. It's a green Civic, and her license plate says something about a Cindy Bear. No wait, it says Bare. Oh, never mind, I'll take care of this myself". There are several songs that cause this reaction in me. Twist and Shout by the Beatles. (maybe any song that features the word shout?) That's Right, You're Not From Texas by Lyle Lovett. American Girl by Tom Petty. Rock Your Body by Justin Timberlake. (I know, I know, one of these kids is doing his own thing, one of these kids just doesn't belong. Can't help it, I love Justin) I wonder...do all people have certain songs that make them dance like Farmer Ted? I really hope so. I hope it's not just me.

Here's a picture of my backyard. Just wanted to share with you all, so you can pretend you're hanging out there with me, drinking beer and having fun.

My backyard is cool.

I am a posting fool today. I'm quite bored. And lonely. Someone call me! I'm here at work all alone, nobody else around. It's kind of funny, if I have to use the restroom or go to a wake I have to lock the door and leave a note saying I'll be right back. How would you feel if you went to your credit union and found that? This credit union is so small though, we only have four employees, and two of us are part time. Big change from my last job. But it's cool, I guess.
Ramble ramble ramble.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers