Monday, September 05, 2005

On Holiday!

Why does Miss Manners talk about herself in the third person? It annoys me. I know it's just a pseudonym, but still, if you adopt a pseudonym you should become that person, at least when you're writing. Dear Abby doesn't talk about herself in the third person. Ann Landers (rest in peace) didn't talk about herself in the third person. So why does Miss Manners walk around like she's so hot all "Miss Manners would never...." or "Miss Manners reminds you, Gentle Reader, that...." That's another thing, what's with the Gentle Reader crap? That's the lamest thing I've ever read. Seriously, there are maybe twenty percent of the people out there that you could actually describe as gentle. She needs to come up with something else. Like....Etiquettely Challenged Reader. Or maybe not. Whatever, like you could come up with something better.

This is new, at 7:30am the sun is now in a position to sear my retinas when I sit at the computer. Winter is coming, Gentle Readers. I hope I make it to spring.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers