Thursday, May 19, 2005

I want to make you bleed

I got a call today from the Blood Center of the Pacific. They want my blood. (doesn't that sound cool? they want my bloooooood) Apparently they are in dire need of A positive blood. Who knew my blood was such a hot commodity? They said there are two leukemia patients who are A positive and they're going through all their blood. They use a lot of blood, I guess. (ok, so I just like to say blood) So the guy asks if I'd be willing to come in and donate. Do people really say no to that? Could you have someone call you and tell you that these cancer patients need your blood and say no? "Sorry, I'm kind of busy right now" or "Tell those bastards to get their own blood. They should have stocked up earlier". I'm going to donate, of course. I couldn't exactly say "Oh, but I'm supposed to go out drinking that night, I really need all my blood". Because think about it, I'll get buzzed faster anyway, right? Works out for everyone.

But on a serious note:

4.5 million American lives saved each year by blood transfusions.

38,000 pints: amount of donated blood used each day in the United States.

Someone needs blood every two seconds.

One pint of donated blood saves up to three lives.

500,000: the number of Americans who donated blood in the days following the September 11 attacks. (makes you proud, doesn't it?)

Since a pint is pound, you lose a pound every time you donate blood.

Very compelling reasons to go donate blood. (ok, I just had to say blood one last time. blood)

(seriously, it's a cool word)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers