Tuesday, May 24, 2005

It's comforting


Toad the Wet Sprocket is like my comfort food. When I want to listen to something that isn't going to make me sad, something that I can sing and clear my head, something that doesn't remind me of any certain time in my life or make me think about anyone in particular, this is what I put on.

Fear is my favorite album of all time. I adore the song Something to Say, I love the line:
You can take me down
You can show me your home.
Not the place where you live
But the place where you belong.

Dulcinea is a close second. I love Crowing and Windmills. This is from Crowing:
Staring at a cold little hand
Reading fault lines
Of a shell of a man
You were waiting for a word from above
Wouldn't you know it
No answer ever did come
and it was never a question....

I always feel better when I can drive with the windows open and sing Toad the Wet Sprocket. I needed them today and they came through for me.

What's your comfort music?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers