Monday, October 17, 2005

life altering TV

I watched that new show Freddie last night. I'm not even going to ask if anyone saw it, I'm guessing no. Whatever, it was on Tivo and I didn't feel like watching an hour long program so I went with the brainless crap. Don't act all high and mighty, we all do it. Besides, he's hot. Anyway, I was watching this show, and I'll admit I laughed a few times, but my point is that I had a revelation. I know, who would imagine that a show starring Freddie Prinze, Jr and Brian Austin Green would cause me to have a revelation? Side note: Do they really have to have such long names? Does the Austin set him apart from the crowd? Anyway, FPJ is going out with this girl who always wants to stay home and hang out with the family and rent movies. She doesn't like to go out to clubs because they're too crowded and there's no place to sit. Hmmm....sounding familiar....
Then he takes her out to a restaurant (ok his restaurant) and she refuses to try the appetizer because she "doesn't eat that fancy food". Ok, that is so me. He ends up not wanting to date her because he can't stand that she's not adventurous and won't try new things. Won't try new food.
I decided that I don't want to be this girl. So I'm going to try to change my attitude towards life. I already started this with my solo trip to Canada in July, so I've got a head start. I also made a deal with Caden a couple weeks ago that I'd try an olive if he tried a tomato, so I have that on my side. I still hate olives though, but at least I tried it, right? I can't say I'm going to get all crazy and try weird stuff like alligator or tofu but I'm not going to do what I usually do, which is decide on sight that I hate a certain kind of food. I will try (key word is try) to broaden my mind. Thank you, Freddie Prinze, Jr. You have changed my life.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers