Saturday, August 20, 2005

Jack Johnson

There is a palm tree on 880 in Oakland that doesn't belong there. It's completely out of place there on the side of the freeway. Someone told me about that tree once. I saw it yesterday on our way up to Berkeley for the Jack Johnson concert. The concert was cool, nothing too exciting. He plays beautifully, the music is great, but there's not much of a show, if you know what I mean. And I think you do. (wink wink)

My favorite part was when G Love came up to play. That guy can play the harmonica like there's no tomorrow. My sister just burned me a CD of his music. It's called Pretty Much the Best G Love Mix Tape Ever Made. It goes well with my Pretty Much the Best Mix Tape I Ever Made CD and my Almost As Good As the Best Mix Tape I Ever Made CD's parts one and two. (is this making any sense to anyone other than me and Duckie?)


We made it to the Greek Theater just fine, thanks to my superior sense of direction. We got lost leaving, of course. Finally made it to a freeway, headed the wrong way.... (not my fault)
Turned around, found our way back to 880, again thanks to my skills. We passed an accident on the way home, it was pretty bad. A smashed up car and an SUV was upsidedown in the middle of the freeway. We drove past and quietly thanked Soph for being the designated driver. I have a question, why is Jack in the Box so god damned slow with the food? I have never been to a Jack in the Box that gets your order together fast. I really, really wanted those Cheddar Bacon Potato Wedges. Bastards. You have a line in the drive-thru at 12:30am, trust me when I say every person in that line is drunk and starving. Move it along, guys.

This came up in conversation recently, I've been meaning to ask.


Who do you think would win in a fight, Jack Johnson or Xavier Rudd? I think Jack Johnson is a little more athletic, being a surfer and all. Plus, Xavier is definitely a lover not a fighter. He could use the didgeridoo as a weapon though, maybe bash Jack in the head with it? Jack would have G Love to back him up though. I just can't decide. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers