Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Because you can't, you won't, and you....should stop.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love the Beastie Boys. I do! I've spent many a drunken night listening to them, as well as mucho sober time, mostly during daylight hours. One night, I couldn't tell you my name to save my life, but there I was, lying on the floor in front of the Skills to Pay the Bills video, singing every song word for word. (Do I remember this fabled night? Of course not. But my friends swear to it) I remember singing Paul Revere while running the mile in 7th grade. I recently started becoming a rap snob, and I had decided that the Beastie lyrics just didn't cut it for me anymore. Thanks to Grace's Beastie Boys posts 1 & 2, I realized I had been missing them. I pulled out Paul's Boutique (naturally) and fell in love all over again. However, when I saw them on the VMA awards, I just started wondering...
What is wrong with Mike D? Did I miss something in the news lately? I mean, MCA looks kind of old, with the gray hair and all, but he still looks ok. Ad Rock looks like the drugs may be catching up with him a little, but all in all, ok. Mike D looks like a cancer patient! Maybe liver disease? Whatever it is, he needs some rest. No offense, boys, but take a break, get some sleep, maybe take some vitamins or something. We don't want you breaking any bones out there.

The Beastie Men

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers