Sunday, October 24, 2004

I decided to move this post over here, because I like it.

It's funny how people can surprise you. In both good and bad ways. Someone you might think would react to something a certain way will show you a different side of themselves. Someone else who you had thought was mature, will suddenly act like a crybaby bitch. Then take the easy way out and not even tell you why they're acting like a crybaby bitch. Things like this can separate you from a person, or bring you closer together. The fact of the matter is: People do change. That's part of the complexity of human beings I suppose. Humans are powerful creatures. The emotions we hold have a power over us, and other people. Some people use their power for good, some for evil. Most of us do both, and usually without even meaning to. How easily we can hurt someone with just words, or how simple it is to make someone happy, with a kind gesture. You can do something as small as send someone a picture or a CD and not think it's a big deal, but you've brought them a little joy. You can also wound them with words that you may not even see as hurtful. It's all part of growing up. Learning how to relate to others, and learning how people affect each other. I don't think we ever stop learning these lessons in life. I hope we never do. Each experience we have brings something to our lives, and good or bad, these little lessons make us who we are.

7 comments:

SJ said...

And every once in a while, if someone does make a small gesture like sending you a picture or a CD, the best part is that after they have sent it, every time you look at that picture or listen to that song, you think of them. And sometimes that can be better than anything.

JK said...

I'm dialed in to the address, and I'll keep reading.

I hear you on the issue of not having others that you actually know read your blog. I do actually know some of my readers, however, there are able to handle my "wisdom".

Keep on, keepin' on. (haha)

cat said...

I do have to mention that your new profile pic scares the hell out of me! It's so bloody creepy! AHH!

Heh. Heh.

Benjamin said...

Cindy, I got your CDs! I'll be progressively thanking you on every medium possible for the rest of the day! They is teh awesommmmmmme. Thanks!!!

Meantime -- so, we update our links, right? I dunno how far down the rabbit hole goes, so to speak. Like maybe we're holding off until a plan to kidnap and deport the fools responsible for this takes effect.

Cause that can be arranged.

Cindy-Lou said...

Oh my god, did Ian just turn serious for a minute? This is one for the record books I think!

Yankeebob said...

I'm glad you moved this post. It's great, and very truthful. I would hope we never stop learning these lessons you've listed, but there are times.....

SJ said...

I'm only serious when there's a full moon. It my own brand of lycanthropy...

Blog Archive

Followers