Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Can't wait for Chutes and Ladders

I've been playing Hi-Ho Cherry-Oh with Caden a lot lately. A lot. That's one thing about pre-schoolers. They don't get bored with doing one thing over and over. They find something they like and they go with it. Forever. It's kind of cool playing games with him though. It's really impressive the way he always gets the number of cherries that he needs. If he has 4 cherries left, amazingly enough, he'll land on 4 cherries! Sometimes that happens for me too, but only once Caden has won the game. After he wins first, then it's my turn to win. So I'll usually get the number I need. But only after he wins. I'm absolutely, under no circumstances, allowed to win first. I'm allowed to win second though, so that's cool. At least I'm a winner.

8 comments:

Roy Hobbs said...

That last line reminded me of something funny from the past. On old arcade video games they would state "Only losers do drugs." Then later on after I lost the game it called me a "loser." Man that so sucked azz.

cat said...

Roy - ha! I bet they didn't think of that when they made that PSA. I wonder how many kids turned to drugs who lost that game? *snerk*

CL - I have no idea what that game is, but it involves cherries so I am quite interested. I love cherries. Yummy! I shall go look for the game at the toy store this weekend and see if I want to play it. (I'm a huge sucker for board games, even kiddie ones)

Yankeebob said...

Sounds like fun! I love kids games. Chutes and Ladders is one of my favorites.

I guess Caden is pretty lucky. Maybe you should get him to pick some Lottery numbers for you?

Kurt said...

Kids do seem to get lucky with games. My daughter always draws the Queen Frostine card when we play Candyland and scoots right up the board. I've never gotten it.

grace said...

yay! you're a weiner! :P

Joel said...

My grandfather and I always used to play Aggravation. I still don't know whether he was losing on purpose or just to humour me. He did choose a different colour of marble one week and he annihilated me every single game.

Oh, the questions! The soul-searching! The inanity!

Rob Burton said...

Isn't it strange - culture, I don't have any idea about what you lot are talking about apart from the context which is childrens games. I have no references. Apart from the fact that our kids are tougher as we play Snakes and Ladders not chutes. My daughter never lets me win - sob

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Gah! Childrens games! I am scarred for life and the ugly, competitive person that I am today as a result of childrens games. I used to have a Strawberry Shortcake card game that I would play with my dad. And he never "let" me win. Not only that, but he would dance around and rub it in my face when he would win. He taught me it is just better to win. Always. I need to call my therapist...

Blog Archive

Followers