Monday, October 25, 2004

You'll never take me alive, Copper!

I drove to work this morning with one headlight out. I was completely paranoid about getting pulled over. I'm looking around me, I'm not speeding, I'm trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. Half way here I'm telling myself: Relax, Cindy! It's not like you're smuggling cocaine, it's a headlight! Scared I'm going to end up in cuffs in the back seat of the police car. It's a headlight! Not a dead body in the trunk! Good thing it's still light when I go home, I'd have to call a cab or something, there's no way I could handle the stress. I've been accused of being a Girl Scout and a bus driver, because I like to follow the letter of the law. I swear, sometimes I'm such a goody two shoes I surprise even myself. Oh well, at least you'll never see me on Cops.

7 comments:

cat said...

Drat, and I was so gonna watch Cops from now on waiting to see you show up!

It would have been fun to see them wrestle you to the ground. Ha!

Roy Hobbs said...

There is nothing wrong with riding in the back of a bacon mobile. As long as, you can transalate for the illigal mexican sitting next to you. What fun.

SJ said...

A bus driver like Ottoman, maybe...

Benjamin said...

Quick! Show that cop the cut on your middle finger!

No, he doesn't want to see the rest of your fingers! Just the one with the cut! It's evidence, after all!

There, now he's seen it... drive really fast.

grace said...

*completely unrelated to post*

bah! here you are... sheesh. sneaky little thing...

sorry. i'm slow...

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

A song just for you:

"Breakin' the law!
Breakin' the law!"

Hee hee...trust me CL, you haven't lived until you've been handcuffed in the back seat of a police car! I obey all the traffic laws, I just break the rest of em! HA!

Cindy-Lou said...

Mel, it sounds like you know what you're talking about there...

Blog Archive

Followers