Friday, January 14, 2005

Friday is A-OK.

My car stereo decided to stop working this morning. It may be just a blown fuse, or maybe it got too cold last night....
Whatever it is, it sucks to drive 45 minutes alone with no music. I had the song Roots Radicals by Rancid stuck in my head the whole way to work because of the part where he says "on my stereo....". Which is interesting because that's the CD I currently have in my CD player. Completely useless to me, of course. I put it on yesterday for Caden. He's becoming quite the little punk rocker. He says American Idiot is his favorite song, he plays the air guitar and shakes his little booty. I've decided I'm a punk rocker too. I think listening to Greenday, Rancid, the Ramones, and Social Distortion qualifies me as a punk rocker, don't you? Plus, I've seen the Ramones in concert, that's pretty hardcore. Maybe I'll just be a punk rocker for Halloween this year.

Well the kids are all hopped up and ready to go
They're ready to go now
They've got their surfboards
And they're going to the discotheque a go go
But she just couldn't stay
She had to break away
Well New York City really has it all
Oh yeah, oh yeah

Cindy is a punk rocker
Cindy is a punk rocker
Cindy is a punk rocker now
She's a punk punk, a punk rocker
Punk punk, a punk rocker
Punk punk, a punk rocker

12 comments:

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

CL, you are a punk rocker, but for more reasons than just because you listen to the music. You are just punk! Because you rule!

And I am so jealous that you have one of those nice two-syllable names that fits nicely in songs.

Peeved Michelle said...

I wish I was a punk rocker. I am lame.

Yankeebob said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yankeebob said...

CL, the punker! I get the feeling that inside, you are a true punk rocker. It's an attitude along with music.

When did you see the Ramones? I love that band. RIP Johnny Ramone.

Ken, how about good music with good sex?

Also, Slipknot = good stuff

Cindy-Lou said...

Yes, it's all about the attitude. Maybe a little bit about making devil horns with your hand, too.

SJ said...

I think this calls for a mohecan, Cindy....

a beer sort of girl said...

Punk rules, and I agree, it's an attitude, not just the music you listen to. I made double devils horns in a meeting the other day & stuck my tongue out, and I thought half of the room was going to fall out their chairs. Funny to me! Not necessarily approriate for the setting, but it was as punk as my weak ass gets in corporate life anymore.

Anonymous said...

you should never drink ad blog. Never.

Get a new car. They usually come with a shiney new CD player. Try the Sex Pistols next time. Michael Bolton will break the CD player every damn time. God! (use a little Napleon when saying that in your head)

Lou Lou said...

loving green day and good charlotte myself right now.
my princess is turning into a funky rock punky chick too

grace said...

we all knew you were hardcore!

Cindy-Lou said...

I had a feeling it had something to do with my Michael Bolton CD. Either that or Celine Dion......

SJ said...

Celeine Dion? Now there's a punk goddess! Loved her version of Pretty Vacant...

Blog Archive

Followers