Friday, January 28, 2005

I'm just like everyone else.

I'm taking a break from blogging. I just can't do it anymore. I used up all my brainpower and creativity on the squirrel post.
Aw, who am I kidding. I can't leave this thing called my blog! It's just that my dad is in town for the next few days, so I won't be posting. I didn't want anyone to worry. Not that you would.....it's actually more likely you'd be annoyed for lack of posting. Am I right?
Anyway, I should be back Tuesday-ish. Then off again the following week........but we'll talk about that later.
I shall leave you with best wishes for a wonderful weekend and the Word of the Day:

bete noire \bet-NWAHR\, noun:
Something or someone particularly detested or avoided; a bugbear.

I like that they used the word "bugbear" in the definition. I've never heard it before but it's a cool word, don't you think? I'm going to look it up........

bug·bear
A bugaboo.
A fearsome imaginary creature, especially one evoked to frighten children.

Nice.

8 comments:

cat said...

so in other words

bugbear = squirrel.

*shudder*

*flees in terror*

SJ said...

Bye bye Cindy! We'll all miss your random observations and sometimes just talking. Have fun with your dad, and tell us all your stories when you come back! And hey, I want a gift, dammit. Well come on - you go away, you come back - that means gift to me...

grace said...

awww... have a great weekend :)

Munch said...

We will be dreadfully sick until you return. At least this time we dont have to hear my cartoon version of where the hell are you.

Oddgirl said...

For what it's worth, I would have worried...

Thanks for adding me. I feel special:)

Have a nice visit with your dad and a great weekend.

Yankeebob said...

I would have worried too. I've gotten attached to a lot of my blog friends.

I hope you have a great weekend.

I like that bugbear word. I'm going to start using it. Somehow. Bugaboo is cool too.

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Dude! I wanna party with EJ! Woo!

Have a great weekend CL, I won't be back until Tuesday either!

Lou Lou said...

hurry back now!

Blog Archive

Followers