Thursday, January 20, 2005

Spoiler alert

I just got back from seeing Racing Stripes.
The zebra wins. Big surprise.

Actually, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I was prepared to hate it, to be bored out of my mind, I made sure there were no sharp objects in my bag lest my wrists be too tempting. I was pleasantly surprised. I found myself rooting for the damn zebra to win. I laughed quite a few times, and cried a little bit at the end. Yes, I am a major sucker for the happy endings. Plus there were so many voices I recognized, yet had a hard time placing. I had to look them up, because I couldn't figure them all out. There were quite a number of famous people voicing these animals. And I love the little girl who rides Stripes. She was in Remember the Titans, she played the coach's daughter, that little blond girl. She's so cute. Here is a list of the people in the movie for you.

Frankie Muniz .... Stripes
Mandy Moore .... Sandy
Michael Clarke Duncan .... Clydesdale
Jeff Foxworthy .... Reggie
Joshua Jackson .... Trenton's Pride
Snoop Dogg .... Lightning
Joe Pantoliano .... Goose
Michael Rosenbaum .... Ruffshodd
Steve Harvey .... Buzz
David Spade .... Scuzz
Fred Dalton Thompson .... Sir Trenton
Dustin Hoffman .... Tucker
Whoopi Goldberg .... Franny

So, all in all, I enjoyed myself. I wouldn't say I highly recommend going to see this movie, but if you have to take a kid to see something, you probably won't hate it. That's about the highest rating I can give this movie. You won't hate it.

9 comments:

grace said...

so it doesn't suck... wow. makes me totally wanna go see it.

Joanne said...

You have to be at least slightly fascinated by a movie that features Snoop Dogg AND Mandy Moore. Isn't that the sign of the impending apocalypse?

Yankeebob said...

I don't have a kid. I don't want to see it. But I would go with CL to see it. ;)

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Frankie Muniz = Creepy

Am I alone in this?

Kurt said...

Good for the zebra. I'm destined to see it. We've seen the previews so many times there's no way I can get out of going.

grace said...

who's frankie muniz?

Roy Hobbs said...

Hey plays Malcolm frm Malcolm in the Middle on Fox.

Envoy-ette said...

Remember all the Pokemon movies...like 5 of them? Well...we saw every one...hours we will never get back!
Now...Hubby and I draw straws to see who has to take the kids and suffer next! LOL

Munch said...

We just went to see Serious of Unfortunate events. I felt like I had just taken serious drugs before going to see that movie.

Its defintely over the heads of children and has an overall weird feeling after you leave the theater. Both children were silent the whole way home...

eerry!

Blog Archive

Followers