Monday, January 24, 2005

I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one

I decided to share the destruction with you! This is the current state of my house. Sure makes cleaning out a couple closets sound like a day at the beach, huh? The ceiling in the entryway has been removed and raised about a foot. It really opens it up, it wasn't very welcoming before. It should look nice, you know, once there's a ceiling there.

Where is my ceiling?

Holes all over the place. The squares that have been cut in the wall did not come with the place. This should look pretty good too, with columns instead of 2 x 4's. Although the 2 x 4's really give it that flair, don't you think? 16 pieces of flair? No?

In other news:
I have updated my links list. I think I have included all of my regulars. If I missed anyone, and you'd like to be included, please let me know. Don't suffer in silence! (wink wink) I would like to direct your attention to the coolness that is my link to Cat. I'm signing autographs at noon, at the Borders in Oakridge. I went all out with the links. I am a linking machine. I went crazy with the linkage! (also: crazy with the cheese whiz, but please don't tell my mom)

UPDATE:

I took a picture of the book we are using as a guide. To answer Quyen's question, this is what it will (hopefully) look like when finished. We won't be using blue though, it will be a reddish-orangy color. Probably. Maybe. I'm not really sure yet. I'm really liking that blue.....

11 comments:

Roy Hobbs said...

I like it. Gives it a lil' rustic look.

Stephen said...

Great pics!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who shares pics of his house as he destroys it :)

I'm not sure if it's better to have a destroyed entry to the house or a destroyed master bathroom.

Lou Lou said...

ahhh mountains of dust lovely todays chic accessory for diy enthusiasts

it'll look so lovely once its done

Yankeebob said...

Your place definitely has that rustic, pre-finished look. Very cozy.

You are the Queen of linkage CL. I can't make it to the autograph signing today. Can I order one via Internet?

Quyen said...

What will the two holes on the sides be for when it's done?

Peeved Michelle said...

Are you guys doing the work yourself? I am afraid that if we started anything like that at our house, it would end in divorce.

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Gah! I am soooo jealous of your cool linking ways!! If I were in SJ, I would sooo be at Borders for your autograph! JEALOUS!

grace said...

yikes. that's a lotta work being done. we painted the walls once (just a whitewash) and i decided that i was never doing any more home improvement again!

linking machine... sounds like a song or something... can you make up cool dance moves for it? that would rock.

sorry. i'm losing my mind. i'm really tired today. sorry again.

Cindy-Lou said...

Yes, I'm hoping it will look lovely when it's finished. By finished I mean with a ceiling, that rustic look you men seem to like is simply not happening! Yes we are doing the work ourselves. We does not include me however, I don't actually do any work I just pick out colors and styles, David does all the work. I like it that way. Ken, the squirrel play structure is in the backyard, of course!

cat said...

hey i can post a comment.

your linkage makes me swoon.

will you come build me a house in canada?

Summer said...

It's going to be beautiful! Once it's done, it will be worth all the dirt, dust, and mess.

Blog Archive

Followers