Sunday, January 09, 2005

He gets it from me

One of my "things" is dancing while I eat. If I'm eating something I like a lot I do this little wiggle-dance in my chair. I don't know why or how I started doing this but I've been doing it for years. I didn't even realize I was doing it until it was pointed out to me by a friend. So if you ever cook me dinner you'll know if I really like it or not by how active I am in my chair. Anyway, my point is I recently noticed Caden does the same thing. He does the exact same wiggle-dance as I do. I have to assume he has seen me do it enough times that he thinks this is normal? Or maybe it's just part of his genetic make-up, the dancing gene. Dancing Gene, wasn't that a song by Abba? I wonder if others do this. I would like to go out to dinner with them, can you imagine a group of people at a table all wiggling in their chairs? How funny would that look. Does anyone else out there express their food pleasure through dance?

8 comments:

SJ said...

Yes, I do.

If I think something is kind of tasty, I will do a Happy Monday's shuffle...

If I think something is very tasty, I will get into the Saturday Night Fever grove on the flashing dancefloor, throw my white jacket away and point to the sky...

And if I think something is really, really tasty, you will know it, because I will start performing the entire ballet Swan Lake...

Munch said...

That sounds so cute. My daughter and I do this weird hand clap thing really fast when we like what we eat. Its really quick and we get a wide grin on our faces. Funny how little things like a good meal make you so happy.

Yankeebob said...

I'd love to see you and Caden when you are having your favorite dinner. Maybe you should be sure not to get those chairs that spin easily. You could end up spinning around for quite some time.

I chair dance a lot, for more than just good food. Especially when I'm in a meeting and I gotta go.

cat said...

i do this all the time! i also have a little song that goes with "num, num, num, num, num, nuuummmmy!"

aren't i entertaining. :)

Envoy-ette said...

Hubby and I wiggle at our favorite Chinese restaurant. But not for the taste....we are waiting for the bathroom to to be available! (omg..did I really tell on myself?)

grace said...

i kinda sway back and forth sometimes. but only when it's just me and steve. not in front of co-workers or friends.

JK said...

I don't wiggle while I eat. I wiggle around when I want to leave somewhere and I am not allowed, mostly at work.

sk8rn said...

Can't say that I do, but how charming!

Blog Archive

Followers