Friday, February 04, 2005

Bienvenidos a Miami

Well, not Miami exactly, more like Tampa. I'll be gone until next week, I'm off to visit Ang, Mickey Mouse, and the beach. Oh, fun fun fun. I'm very excited. Not so much for the Disneyworld part, although Cat will be appalled to hear it. I'm happy to be going to see Ang. She's my best friend, and she moved to Florida in December of 2001. I've only been out there once, for Halloween 2003. Or was it 2002? I can't remember, but it was FUN. That was the trip where the airline tried to kill me, twice. First by having an engine go out, and having to make the emergency landing in Nashville. Then, by having me late for the connection in Dallas, forcing me to spend the night. In a DRY COUNTY. That's right people, places where they don't sell alcohol! At all! Not a drop, not a shot, not a single beer for a weary traveler doomed to spend the night in Texas. Fuck those people, I've got a direct flight there, and one stop in Colorado on the way home. Colorado may suck ass, but it's better than Texas, and I bet you can find some beer there.
So I'm off again, my little ones. I hope you all take care of each other while I'm gone. I will leave you with a few items about Ang, and why I love her.

*She was always willing to pack up and go somewhere at a moments notice. LA, San Luis, Santa Barbara, it didn't matter. We'd grab some beer, some cloves, a pair of shorts and head out.
*Once I broke the cooler and it poured ice cold water all over her ass in the car, and she didn't even get mad at me.
*We dressed as Thing One and Thing Two for Halloween (years ago)
*She went to school in Fresno, but she'd still come home every weekend to see me.
*She wore a dress to be in my wedding. Huge for Ang.
*When my car broke she let me use hers all day while she was at work.
*She showed me the joys of Coors Light, Diet Coke and Djarum Specials.
*She let me cry on her shoulder, even before we were friends.
*I could always talk shit in bars because I could depend on her to have my back. And she can actually fight, unlike me.
*She taught me how to play Three Man.
*We spent so much time together people thought we were dating, but neither one of us cared that much.

See you on Thursday! Have fun, my friends. Don't rob my house, ok?

14 comments:

Blog ho said...

Dear sweet lord that sounds fun. I love 2 things. The sun and Disney, but the sun is cheaper, so take a lot of money. And have fun.

Peeved Michelle said...

I guess I was never any good at Three Man because I only every remember someone saying, "Let's play Three Man," and then me being totally drunk and making out with all my friends.

Cindy-Lou said...

No Michelle, you were VERY good at Three Man.

Roy Hobbs said...

Enjoy the fun in the sun CL.

SJ said...

Have a great time Cindy! Don't forget presents!

cat said...

Have a super duper time in Fla! And I didn't always have a room on the Disney Train. it's just that we had such a wonderful relaxing time there when we went last year, that I want to go back. That's what hunnymoons are for. :) We really liked Epcot more than anything.

At some point I'll update my Disney page, since it's been almost exactly a year since we went, I should put up the rest of our photos. ha!

Have fun!!

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Umm...someone needs to fill me in on "Three Man" and do it fast...

grace said...

i played 3-man once. i think. i don't know. all i know is that i was WASTED.

i think it was fun.

have fun in FL! :D

Joanne said...

I might be a wee bit envious that you are getting to visit my holyland... at an off time so it shouldn't be crowded.

Yankeebob said...

Have a great trip CL! I'm jealous. I always wanted to go to Disney but never made it yet.

As for 3-man, that game has just about killed me a few times. We played it once with straight Gin. Took a few days to recover from that one.

Who would think there is a dry county in Texas? that just doesn't sound right at all.

cat said...

oh.

i thought three man was a sex thing. oopsie.

i know how much cl likes her sex. my shawn is dying to meet her now. :P

JK said...

Goods friends are a good thing to have. I have never played three man, however I can imagine that I would be wobbly before the hour was through.

Have fun in Florida.

cat said...

don't....think...i...can....make it....to... the... last .... day.

such...painful...withdrawl...

(hope you bought me prezzies!! :))

SJ said...

I just robbed your house...

Blog Archive

Followers