Saturday, February 19, 2005

You know what they say about laughter.

You can't have manslaughter without it! (I think I saw that on a T-shirt somewhere) No, I'm kidding, it's the very best medicine. What is it about making someone laugh that can make you feel so good? I just love it when I make people laugh, it's like touching them somehow. We all know laughing feels good, so it's like a present to be able to give that to someone else. Especially when you make someone who you think is really funny laugh. I would have these great three-way conversations with Joel and Ben and I would be cracking up the whole time. (yeah I said three-way, get your minds out of the gutter) On the odd occasion I could make the two of them laugh it was like a great personal accomplishment. It was like, hey I made these two funny people laugh! I was very proud of myself at those moments. Even if there were only one or two of those moments. My son is the same way, too. He loves to make people laugh. He is my son in more ways than just the fact that I gave birth to him. And he was nine and a half pounds at birth so that was no easy feat, I tell you! He's a total ham, always going for the laugh. Unfortunately, he thinks the word butt is hilarious. I'm such an ineffective parent that I end up laughing when he says things like butt-head, too. It's impossible to instill good manners in your kid when you laugh at the rude things he does or says. I'll admit it, I can act like a ten year old boy at times. Potty humor can be funny, right? I'm not alone in this. Otherwise there wouldn't be any Jim Carrey movies and Animal House wouldn't be so popular. But it's not just potty humor that you laugh at with that nagging guilt. It's also the rest of the un-PC humor that we all like but feel bad when we laugh. Mike knows what I'm talking about. Seriously, go read his post and tell me you don't laugh. It's okay, we all did. Midgets are funny too, when Billy Bob Thornton knocked down that midget in the boxing ring in Bad Santa I could have died laughing. I felt slightly guilty laughing at a midget. Not bad enough to stop myself from backing it up and watching it again though. No, I say laugh loud and often. It keeps you young.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers