Thursday, February 03, 2005

Thursday, February 3rd

I try to set a good example for my son. I really do. I eat more vegetables than I normally would, in an attempt to show him they vegetables are not in fact sent by the devil to kill us. I don't swear, I don't watch violent shows when he's around, I share. So why do I feel bad eating macaroni and cheese with Fritos for breakfast? I fed him a waffle with peanut butter on it, so it's not like I gave him the same breakfast I had. Yet I still felt I had to hide my own food from him. Oh, also, if you eat breakfast at 11:30, is it still breakfast or has it become lunch, making the three cups of coffee you had earlier your actual breakfast?

Caden and I washed my car today. I know I'm making all you sun-deprived people out there very jealous but oh my goodness, it is beautiful. I actually had to change into shorts because I was too hot. It's so awesome. And my car is clean. What a day.

11 comments:

SJ said...

The coffee you had earlier was definately breakfast, and 11.30 is lunchtime anyway. Kind of. But near enough. Besides, after a hard day scrubbing at your car, you deserve a hearty meal to feed those muscles. The boy should have had some too.

As for your lovely weather, we've just had the worst storms in recorded history here in Melbourne. Damn glorious American weather...

Roy Hobbs said...

So, if 11:30am is considered lunch then drinking beer at that hour is ok. Right? So, I shouldn't get yelled at when I start in on a 12 pack before noon when football is on. Oh yeah, sunny California is awesome. Although, I feel bad for the people in the North and East. That damn Punxsutawney Phil. Lil' bastard made his mark by sayin gwinter will last 6 weeks longer. Darn. Bring on the sunshine.

grace said...

i want a waffle with peanut butter on it. mmm... hungry...

Yankeebob said...

Shorts and sun! Damn, I am jealous.

I wouldn't buy that story about the veggies not being from the devil. I know better.

I love hearing your Mom stories. You two sound like buds.

Munch said...

I wish we all could be California Girls....Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da Da...

I wish we all could be California Girrrrlssssss....

Lou Lou said...

sprouts are sent by the devil

cat said...

hmmm.... today it's going to a tropical ONE degree above 0C. time to break out the bikini and wash cindy's car!

Roy Hobbs said...

Gotta love Cali sun. I have shorts and a t-shirt on today at work. The best is when you can go snow boarding in shorts and a t-shirt.

Joanne said...

See... yet another reason not to have kids. I would have to give up my 50 tacos a week habit and I just couldn't do that. :) Either that or marry a man who does eat vegetables so HE can be the good influence. :)

grace said...

oh. i thought the lyrics were, "i wish we all could do california girls..."

:P

Richard said...

hhhmmmmm, ...Grace "doing" a california girl... mind wanders off...

Blog Archive

Followers