Thursday, November 18, 2004

Concert details

Holy cow, Mel, quit pestering me! Here's your details! Oh I'm just kidding, I would have written this yesterday but I was just too tired. I'm no spring chicken you know, can't rally like I used to. Oh, my liiiife!
Ok so, the concert was awesome, as you'd expect. Very loud, very fast, surprisingly sexy. What is it about a guy with a guitar? (as Cat would say *ponders*) Especially those punk guys with their guitars! The last few concerts I've been to have been Lyle Lovett, Alexi Murdoch, I think Jack Johnson and Ben Harper? There is a big difference between the way those guys play their guitars (especially Ben Harper, he sits down and lays it on his lap, weird) and the way Social Distortion plays their guitars. It's like:
Lyle Lovett: (pets guitar) Oh guitar, I love you so much, let me play you sweetly, we can make beautiful music together...
Mike Ness: oh yeah, guitar? really? I'm going to play you until you can't walk straight you bitch!
(by the way, I may be a little crazy?)
I love that wide-legged stance, the straight arms, it's like they're angry with the guitar. It just looks so cool. They played my absolute favorite song Sick Boy and they played Story of my Life of course. Oh, and towards the end Mike Ness called this kid up on stage with him and talked with him a little. He had the messy hair, rolled up jeans and Converse high tops, he looked so freaking cute.

MN: So kid, what's your name?
kid: Mike
MN: How old are you?
kid: seven
MN: How cool it that? He's seven years old and at a Social Distortion concert....on a school night.
MN: What's your favorite band?
kid: uh...yours?

Of course, I was looking at my watch thinking "why is that kid out so late?" but that's just the Girl Scout in me. I suppose some parents do stuff like that. Some parents also had their seven year old on the floor right in front of the stage. But I digress....
They said they'd be back sometime next spring. I totally want to go again. This time though, I'm going alone because I have never seen so many hot guys in one place before in my life. Although, there's no way I could go alone because I'd never actually make it from the car to the Warfield, this is how safe that neighborhood is. Crackheads everywhere, I tell you. Very interesting, those crackheads. So, concert: fun. Work yesterday: not fun. I walked in my door at 1am, and I'm up at 5:30 to go to work. Ouch. Then that stupid dinner with the board. (Mike, your plan worked brilliantly! I actually got a spending allowance for more concerts) Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life. Hence the short post and delay in concert details. Although for such a short post, I sure had a lot of interest in my stamp and my boots! I'm going to have to wear those more often...

4 comments:

cat said...

Are those the boots that you had taken a picture of when I asked for your fave shoes? Or new ones?

And the concert sounded fun. Wish I knew who Social Distortion were. Heh.

Cindy-Lou said...

New boots, Cat. A girl can never have too many pairs of boots.

cat said...

Well.....

I'm waiting.

Let's see those boots, CL!

(yes, I need a life. But I like yours.)

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Ooohhh, the memories that you bring back, CL (in the background: "memories, like the corner of my mind...misty water-colored memories of the way we were..."). I heart Mike Ness. HEART. I used to have to be in the front of the stage at every concert. And you are so right about how he plays his guitar (*thinking of being that guitar*). Hee! Glad you had fun and wish you could be here on Tuesday so that we could go see them at the LBC Arena...We would soooo work that room looking for punk rock boys!

Blog Archive

Followers