Friday, November 12, 2004

How do you sound?

Have you ever noticed the way certain people can say the word fuck and it sounds so natural coming out of their mouths? Then there's people like me who say it and it sounds like a little girl trying to act like a grown up. There's also people who sound like they're trying too hard, like my neighbor. She sounds like she's only saying it for the emphasis, but you just know she doesn't say it often because it sounds so weird from her. The Greenday CD made me think of this. (yes, I'm going to talk about Greenday again. I'm addicted, so help me!) Billie Joe can say fuck like he's saying hi, mom. It just sounds so natural. In the song "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" when he says:
Read between the lines
What's fucked up and everything's all right
it sounds like he could have said "what's screwed up" or "what's messed up" and it would have had the same inflection. You listen to Eminem, however, and it's a different story. In his song "Kill you" he says:
You don't wanna fuck with me
and makes you feel as if you've actually *been* fucked. There is so much venom in the way he says that one word. Of course, there's a lot of rage in all of his words, but in fuck especially. I'm not saying I mind it, not at all. Why do you think I listen to Eminem all the time? I'm trying to learn how to say fuck like I mean it. Because I do mean it.

12 comments:

Benjamin said...

I can't say for sure how it sounds coming from me, but I know I say it a lot, and it's usually pretty casual.

So... yeah. Fuck yeah!

Quyen said...

I think my mastery of the word "fuck" comes from my linguistic training in the bedroom... hehehe :P

grace said...

that's funny. today, the admin was chatting with me and she said that i make cursing seem so natural, but when she does it, it's like she's trying too hard.

that was really weird...

also, i got a visual of quyen riding some guy saying, "fuck me, baby, fuck me hard"... i can't say i didn't like the visual :P bwahahahaha!

Yankeebob said...

I like the word fuck, especially when using it in verb form. (Verbs are action words, by the way.)

SJ said...

But I still prefer saying "Oh, Fiddle-dee-dee!"...

Kis Lee said...

fuck is a great word. it can be used as a noun, pronoun, adjective or verb.

i have quite the potty mouth, so it's natural for me to drop the f-bomb. i just need to be careful around elderly folks.

Quyen said...

HAHAHA on Grace's visual. Meow. ;)

SJ said...

Mike K - if Cindy said 'feck' instead of 'fuck', and left the 'g' off when she said 'fucking', that would make her Irish...

Mark Andrew said...

I know the feeling. I also sound like a little girl trying to act all grown up whenever I say the word "fuck." :-)

cat said...

I say 'feck'. I learned it from Father Ted. Heh.

I have only started to use the work 'funk' in the last two years or so. This job has made me lose my innocence. I am not happy when I say it though. I feel naughty. But not a good naughty, a bad naughty..

peachy said...

I like fark, but I don't use the word a lot. I'm a good girl. :)

Lou Lou said...

fuck is just the best word.
so expressive used casully or with intent, or down right dirty.
its probably my fave word, which i have to say i say alot,

Blog Archive

Followers