Wednesday, November 24, 2004

I'm baaaaaack! (said in girl from Poltergeist voice)

Hello again, my sweet blog readers! I'm back from LA, not quite empty handed, but with no tales of violence to entertain you. Well, one tale of violence, but only involving myself and a turnstile. You would think someone my age would know how to operate a turnstile. You'd think. Judging by the bruise on my thigh, I'm lacking in turnstile education. Oh well, practice makes perfect right?
So, I spent one dinner with my Nazi brother in law and his Nazi-in-training son. I have to ignore what this guy says or I will drive myself crazy. I've been dealing with him for over 9 years now, and have found that the selective hearing method is best in handling the holidays. I've argued, I've debated, I've tried to prove my point. This guy is so good he almost had me convinced once that there's no such thing as Mexicans. I swear, I thought I had a clear stance on that one, being half Mexican myself, but no! I was almost convinced! I had no argument at all. I was speechless. Since then, I smile and look away whenever he talks. I'd hate to have him convince me that I'm lazy, and a criminal to boot.
We saw The Incredibles! It was.....absolutely incredible! I loved it so much, I was laughing louder and more often than anyone else in that theater. I totally want to be a superhero. Capeless, of course. (Cat, you know what I mean) Although, having a cape is pretty much the coolest thing about a superhero costume. Spandex I could do without.
Disneyland was really fun, my son loved it of course. It was freezing though, can you believe it? Jackets and hats at Disneyland! What? I got the coolest Jack Skellington sweatshirt. Spent $44 on it, but it was so worth it. I love Jack Skellington.
The drive home was a bitch. Lots of traffic. I wished for a teleporter not once, but twice. I wondered how traumatized Caden would be to see me throw myself out the window. I thought "Oh my god, I'm Rachel!"
Mel was "too busy" to hang out with me. I see how it goes...Grace and Nina call and it's "hey! I can't get into my car fast enough!". I call and Mel's like "oh sorry I just had dinner...maybe next time". Hmmm...... That's OK, I'm supposed to hook up with her next month when she's up here. If I'm not too busy that is. Kidding Mel! Now I will have the home field advantage...haha.
Remember the Monkey Battles!!!

9 comments:

AGB 1 said...

Welcome back. Wow, how to deal with a NAZI brother-in-law? I have no idea. Tough one. Now, he's an actual NAZI, or is NAZI-like in his beliefs?

I want to be a super-villain (but not a nazi-super-villain). You could try to thwart me with your superhero powers. Perhaps I shall make my henchmen out of.......TURNSTYLES. MU-HOO-HWA-HWA-HWA!

I'm glad you and your own Dash had fun.

SJ said...

Bad Mel! Naughty Mel! Not having time for Cindy like that! Cindy always comes first! Repeat after me: "I must not choose a tin of beans over Cindy-lou." Good. Now go write it out a hundred times...

cat said...

If I were a superhero I want to shoot fire and fly. No cape though. I mean, Firestar never had a cape and she did just fine. Until they phased out her character and stuff, but she's #1 in my heart!

When we went to DisneyWorld last Feb/March we were wearing coats and hats! I was shocked to have to do this in Florida. Huh. It was 37F one morning. What the heck. No one told us to bring our winter coats with us, we left them back in Canada before we got on the plane.

On the plus side the morning it was 37F there was no wait to get on some rapids water thing in thr Animal Kingdom. We could have gone again and again without wait - if we had wanted to catch pneumonia and all.

cat said...

I forgot to mention that due to the cold I got this faboo purple Tinkerbell jacket. It keeps me warm in the winter here (most days).

Yankeebob said...

Welcome back! You've been missed.

What do you mean by "Nazi brother in law and his Nazi-in-training son". Are they skin-heads or something? Hope not. But if so, I can see why there would be no type of communication happening.

Sounds cool about The Incredibles. I'm anxious to see that one.

Who is Jack Skellington? Maybe I'm a goof or something, but I don't know who this is.

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

I am a Bad Mel! And I will never be too busy for CL again! Hmmm...home field advantage, huh? I have the perfect secret weapon. (*Softly humming "killing me softly") He he he...

Cindy-Lou said...

Evile Mel! Quite evile! (shudder)

Peeved Michelle said...

This guy lives in L.A. and he doesn't think Mexicans exist? Where does he think all the brown people came from?*

*Let you think I am racist, I should note that I am half brown myself.

grace said...

i would've hooked up with you! oh, that's right... you didn't want to hook up with me :(

i'm depressed now. good thing we were out of town. otherwise, i would've had to slit my throat.

Blog Archive

Followers