Friday, November 19, 2004

It's official

I have a shoe fetish. I need help. It's a problem! I can't stop! Ten years ago I had maybe...3 pairs of Converse with a pair of Birkinstocks thrown in for the beach. That was about it. Now, I have so many pairs of shoes I'm embarrassed to count them. Do you think I'm trying to fill a void in my life by shopping? Maybe I figure I deserve it because I work so hard? Nooo...I don't really work that hard though. Three days a week hardly consitutes slavery. I don't have an explanation, all I know is I love shoes. I went out right before the concert Tuesday and bought two new pairs, the boots and a pair of maroon shoes I've been wanting since I was about 12 years old. I feel that after 18 years of desiring a certain type of shoe, I deserve them. Hey, it's my budget right? If I want to spend it on shoes I'm entitled. That's what "play money" is for. Shoes. Glorious shoes. On second thought, I don't need help. I think I'm ok with my love for shoes. It's better than a heroin addiction, right? Right?
So here's the new boots, and the new maroon shoes. I love my shoes. And my shoes love me.

boots


shoes

8 comments:

grace said...

oooh... i am bow-legged and have fat little calves, so i can never wear those boots that go up to the knee :( i only get the ones that go up halfway. stupid calves.

i used to have a pair of maroon shoes just like those. but i never wear them anymore. so i gave them to goodwill.

now i just go to target to buy shoes when i need them. god, i hate shopping.

K.D. said...

Boots are so stinking sexy. They look hot. Wearing them makes me feel hot. Boots are the rulers of the Shoe Kingdom.

Cindy-Lou said...

I love Kim's comment.

Roy Hobbs said...

Sexy and hot.

cat said...

But.. but... CL! I DID stop by and check out your boots! I swear I even posted a comment. Where the hell is it?? I did it right when I got home from work. What a mystery...

I love the boots, but those maroon shoes! Holy Hannah! They're the bomb diggaty! I am jealous of your shoes, my dear. You're like the Shoe Goddess!

(and you're so far from ordinary! you're *extra*ordinary!)

PunkAss said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm.....boots

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Hot. I covet the maroon shoes. And my legs are too short to wear boots like that, but they look so good, I am so jealous.

peachy said...

I have the opposite problem as grace, so I can't wear those long boots. I hear they make some with lycra that stretch, so that's an idea. I hate shopping too, so I'll stick with my 5 pairs of shoes that somehow seem to work for every occasion. Glad you got those maroon shoes that you have been wanting forever.

Blog Archive

Followers