Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Racing the sun

I went grocery shopping tonight. Nothing exciting happened like when YB goes shopping, although I did take a step back and look at myself and wonder what people think. I'm pushing the cart, hopping and skipping down the isles, singing along to Bread. If a picture paints a thousand words then why can't I paint you....
I wonder if people think I have a screw loose. Oh my god, I'm one of those people YB talks about! Damn it. Oh well, I have to amuse myself somehow.
This however, is not the point of my post.
When I walked out of the store the sky looked amazing. I just had to get a picture, and I wanted this picture from the top of that hill at the park. I crammed all the groceries in my backseat (because my trunk is still full of luau decorations) and raced home. Almost took out a few neighborhood kids along the way. Stupid kids shouldn't be playing in the street anyway. I threw all the bags on the counter in a haphazard mound of yogurt, bread, and cereal, jumped back in the car and sped down the street. I was flying, I'm talking 50 in a 40 zone. (joke) I turn on Lean, FUCK this is Dunn not Lean! Run a stop sign, flip an illegal u-turn, back on Santa Teresa, ok here's Lean. I pull up to the curb, grab my camera and bolt into the park. The whole way there I'm looking over my shoulder to check the movement of the sun. I'm so close. I run up the hill, ok I'll be honest, I ran halfway up the hill and kind of hobbled the rest of the way. I'm pulling out my camera as I crest the hill. I turn around, put the camera to my face and....
I fucking missed the sunset by like three minutes. Son of a fucking bitch. As I trudge dejectedly down the hill on shaky legs I vow to myself: I will make it tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers