So I finally caved and went to the doctor. My doctor is kind of a hippie and she's very stingy with the antibiotics. She acts like they're coming right out of her pocket. She has her "theories" about over-medicating. Whatever.
I'm kidding, I agree that people shouldn't take antibiotics for every little thing. But does she have to act like I'm stealing from her own personal stash?
Anyway, she thinks it's pneumonia. I got a shot in the arm, two breathing treatments because the first one didn't work, antibiotics (hallelujah), prescriptions for Advair, albuterol, and prednesone, and I had to go to the hospital for a chest x-ray. Holy shit, huh? The weird thing is I don't even feel that bad, I just cough up a lung every now and then. Especially when I laugh. Which ironically, isn't funny.
Did you know that when you have a chest x-ray they make you put little stickers on your nipples? The stickers have little metal balls that show up as white dots in the x-ray, that way if they do see your nipple in the x-ray they don't call you and say "we're very sorry, you have cancer". I don't think the x-ray tech was very comfortable saying the word nipple to me, but he was sure as hell comfortable manipulating my body for the "perfect" position. Or maybe this was a special x-ray tech, like Joey and his tailor. Oh, and he said I have nice, big.....lungs.
Really. Apparently some people have small lungs and some people have big ones. I think it's a good thing, right? I don't have to join the carnival quite yet?
So I will be home tomorrow. No work for me. Not because I don't feel up to going but because nobody wants me there. What, you get an infectuous disease and all of the sudden nobody wants to be around you? Sheesh.
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (70)
- ► 2007 (102)
- ► 2006 (198)
- I can....almost....reach it....
- Well, it's begun.
- porn is funny
- Another one MIA
- You want me to write, fine I'll write.
- It's a Wonderful Life.
- The conversation went like this:
- Raining again.
- Aw, how sweet
- Top ten reasons I'm grumpy
- We took Pete out for a beer last night. My sister...
- Ok, but seriously. How funny is this?
- Check out the big brains on Cindy.
- Will you please look at how gosh darn cute my kid...
- Couldn't think of another story, so all you get is...
- Call the CDF
- Who's house? Run's house.
- The strangest thing just happened
- Bitches and Gentlemen, it's showtime!
- Tell me something
- I just realized something
- The iPod is ruining my life.
- Week of Fears
- Illegal music
- Pick up the red phone, dammit!
- My opinion
- So demanding
- Hi Jamie. I guess you heard Nigella's out of the p...
- 10 for 10
- Gossamer dreams
- I LUV BLOGGER (2)
- Point of view
- I luv Blogger
- Just remember:
- A call to arms
- Kids these days
- What's $10 Canadian?
- I could never live in Seattle
- Uh oh, I almost forgot to wish Roy Hobbs a happy b...
- game on
- Thursday, March 3rd (I'm going to be doing this al...
- Tivo. My friend. My enemy.
- anything but the knees
- Hey Cat, here's a picture of the puppy I sent you...
- ▼ March (49)