I've never been so happy to be sick in my life. This cold has granted me temporary reprieve from the dentist. Even that word makes me shudder. I was supposed to have a teeth cleaning today but I cancelled because I'm sure they don't want my germ-infested mouth anywhere near them. Plus, my sister was supposed to watch Caden but she was just informed she has strep throat. (Ok, happy to have a cold, will not be happy if I have strep) When I flipped the calendar to March and noticed the appointment my stomach instantly recoiled and I thought I was going to vomit. The DENTIST???? NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Thank goodness for the virus. My tension level has been steadily increasing all month. Now I can sit back and relax. Thank you cold virus. I'll gladly take your headache, your phlegm, your cough. I'll give you my energy. I'll give you my appetite. I have to repay you somehow.
I know that I will inevitably have to call back and reschedule the appointment. For now though, I'm just going to enjoy the time I have. I feel like Arnold called that red phone right before they flipped the switch. Thank you, Arnold. Hooray for my stay of execution.
Going to the dentist for me is like spending time at the gym. By the time I leave my muscles are sore from being tensed up the entire time. Even my toes are tense. I also have little crescents dug into my skin everywhere from my fingernails. It's quite appealing. Palms, backs of my hands, arms, wherever my hands happen to be. I don't even realize I'm doing it. Never thought of myself as a self-mutilation kind of girl. The dentist I have now is very understanding, however, and has done what he can to make me more comfortable.
Dentist: Hi Cindy, I'm just going to....are you ok?
Cindy: Is it the tears? The tears gave it away, right? Yeah, ok I'm a little stressed out right now. Dentist: Would you like me to prescribe some Valium?
Dentist: How are you doing today, Cindy?
Cindy: Oh hi Dr Dave, yeah I'm doing better. My fingernails are still digging into my palms but this time they're not bleeding. It's great. Thanks for the Valium. By the way, have I ever told you how cute you look with those two earrings in your left ear? Can I watch Chicken Run while you work?
One day soon I will have to pick up the phone and dial that number.
One day soon I will have to hold my head up high and walk through those doors again.
One day soon I will have to slide onto that chair without throwing up.
But not today, haha!
- ► 2009 (30)
- ► 2008 (70)
- ► 2007 (102)
- ► 2006 (198)
- I can....almost....reach it....
- Well, it's begun.
- porn is funny
- Another one MIA
- You want me to write, fine I'll write.
- It's a Wonderful Life.
- The conversation went like this:
- Raining again.
- Aw, how sweet
- Top ten reasons I'm grumpy
- We took Pete out for a beer last night. My sister...
- Ok, but seriously. How funny is this?
- Check out the big brains on Cindy.
- Will you please look at how gosh darn cute my kid...
- Couldn't think of another story, so all you get is...
- Call the CDF
- Who's house? Run's house.
- The strangest thing just happened
- Bitches and Gentlemen, it's showtime!
- Tell me something
- I just realized something
- The iPod is ruining my life.
- Week of Fears
- Illegal music
- Pick up the red phone, dammit!
- My opinion
- So demanding
- Hi Jamie. I guess you heard Nigella's out of the p...
- 10 for 10
- Gossamer dreams
- I LUV BLOGGER (2)
- Point of view
- I luv Blogger
- Just remember:
- A call to arms
- Kids these days
- What's $10 Canadian?
- I could never live in Seattle
- Uh oh, I almost forgot to wish Roy Hobbs a happy b...
- game on
- Thursday, March 3rd (I'm going to be doing this al...
- Tivo. My friend. My enemy.
- anything but the knees
- Hey Cat, here's a picture of the puppy I sent you...
- ▼ March (49)