Wednesday, March 30, 2005

It's a Wonderful Life.

You know what I was thinking of this morning as I drove to work? I was thinking how I wished George Bailey would have been able to build his bridges and skyscrapers in the end. It would have been nice to know that he eventually achieved his dream. I know the point of the movie was to appreciate what you have, but the poor guy saved for four years to go to college and ended up using the money to send his brother instead. He really deserved a better ending.

"I'm shakin' the dust of this crummy little town off my feet and I'm gonna see the world. Italy, Greece, the Parthenon, the Colosseum. Then, I'm comin' back here to go to college and see what they know. And then I'm gonna build things. I'm gonna build airfields, I'm gonna build skyscrapers a hundred stories high, I'm gonna build bridges a mile long..."

He was so excited. It's a little sad to me that he never got to do it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers