Friday, December 10, 2004

Call me Quyen

I left work a little late today because of random issues, so I had to close up on my own. So it was already starting to get pretty dark when I was walking to the parking garage. I was on my way up the stairs when this little punk comes down towards me. I smiled (I always smile at everyone) and continued up, but he blocked my way! I thought it was an accident, you know how that happens, but he was doing it on purpose. So I looked at him and wouldn't you know it, the little fucker tried to take my purse! I couldn't believe it! Now, I've always been one to advocate giving whatever they want so you don't get hurt, right, but I've never been in that situation before. I got so pissed. I had my purse taken a few years ago on stupid CalTran, so I know what a pain in the ass it is when you have to go about blocking your cards and getting a new driver's license. But I surprised myself even, I guess because I got so mad. I totally kicked the guy! I did! I wasn't even really thinking about it, if I thought about it I probably would have pussed out and given it to him. I guess my primal instincts took over. I have never thought of myself as a tough person, I've never even been in a fight before. If he would have pushed it I definitely would have lost, but I think I must have surprised him enough that he backed off. Luckily, someone was coming down the next flight of stairs, I could hear them. He must have heard them too because he ended up running down the stairs. I was really close to my car, and I just jumped in and locked the doors. Afterwards it was pretty scary, thinking about what could have happened I guess. I was shaken up for a while, but I'm feeling better now. Actually, I'm starting to feel pretty proud of myself! For such a wimpy girl I sure stood up for myself. Don't worry guys, I'm fine really. Maybe I should get some pepperspray! On second thought, I would only end up hurting myself. I'll just be sure to always have company in that parking garage. I knew something was bound to happen, the city is a little shady at times. Well, all's well that ends well, right guys?

7 comments:

Kurt said...

glad you weren't hurt, and that you still have your purse. sounds like an ugly way to end a Friday.

cat said...

were you wearing your kick-ass buffy boots at the time? their kick-ass powers must have rubbed off on you!

(i am very glad you weren't hurt!!!)

Peeved Michelle said...

Yikes! Good for you.

Summer said...

Wow, glad you weren't hurt. I'm the same as you...I think I'd just give in and slink away. But then if it ever happened, I'd be so pissed that I wouldn't think rationally.

AGB 1 said...

First a disclaimer: I agree in principle that you should give them what ever they want so as not to get hurt or worse and I don't want to promote actions that would put you in an even more dangerous situation.

How I really feel: YOU LITERALLY KICK ASS! Good for you. He's lucky he only got a kick. Very impressive. What a scary situation though and I'm glad you are not hurt. Be careful CL.

Pickwick said...

You go girl!

But like the others say, don't be thinking you're indestructable or anything. If you're anything like me, it's 5 minutes later that the shock sinks in and you start to shake and all of that shock stuff. Yeah?

Hmmm, I'd avoid the capsicum spray, too. Here, as well as it being dangerous to the user, you can end up being charged with assault cos YOU were carrying a weapon. How fucked is that????

Chris said...

Oh give me a break. You probably deserved it by giving him your come-hither look, you haughty tramp.

Blog Archive

Followers