Saturday, December 25, 2004

I need medication

***Update***
I went to Target and got one of those huge bins that hold ornaments. I unpacked all the boxes and re-packed my ornaments. I'm feeling much better now.

I took the tree down today. I know, it seems early but I found a spider web on it, and what looked to me like a bunch of dead baby spiders. At least they weren't live baby spiders, right? I was told that I'm wrong, that they're not spiders, but I'm not convinced. Also, I was so affected by the idea of a bunch of spiders in my house that I could instantly feel something on my leg, of course, and had to run to the bedroom and rip my pants off to check for a spider. No spider. I can still feel it though. Gross, gross, gross. So I had to get the tree out of the house. Baby spiders have been known to spontaneously re-animate, that's what I heard. Anyway, a few weeks ago when we decorated the tree my sister pulled most of the ornaments out of the boxes for me. So today, as I was putting them away, I was freaking out because I couldn't remember what boxes they belonged in. I'm not talking about the boxes they came in, I mean the little boxes I've designated for them. I will put certain ones together, wrapped in tissue paper, and I kind of separate them in order of importance. I couldn't remember which ones belonged in which box and I was standing there with my hands on my head totally stressing out about it. Then I was stressing out about the fact that I was stressing out about it! I was like "what the fuck is the matter with me, why do I care?" I did though. I was irritated because the ornaments that belonged together weren't fitting in the same box, so I'm guessing that I chose the wrong box. I know.....I need a label maker! That would solve this problem. A label maker and a lot of time. Yeah, that's what I need, a good label maker. Oh who am I kidding, I need a good psychiatrist. Hope you all had a great day!

7 comments:

cat said...

i can relate to christmas stress. and trust me, if i thought there was a nest of spiders in my tree it would be down in a flash! i don't even think i would be able to take the ornaments off. (i'd let shawn do that - ha!)

and i, too, took me tree down on christmas day once, four years ago now. only i wasn't so classy about it. i was so freaking out from stress and depression i sort of threw it on the floor, trashed it, jumped up and down on it and smashed most of the ornaments. it went out in the trash that night. i took a few xanax and went to bed.

that was before shawn and i were together (officially) i was with someone else. obviously very happy as you can tell. now we get real trees and christmas isn't as bad anymore - even with the extra family.

oops, sorry to ramble.. um.. merry day after christmas!

grace said...

you need help. :P if you find someone good, let me know. i need help, too...

by the way, i keep all the boxes the ornaments come in... maybe that would help in the future for any other ornaments you may buy?

Cindy-Lou said...

I'm totally going to Target today to get some of those divided ornament boxes. And you just know I'll unpack all the ornaments and repack them all pretty in the new boxes. With labels. Big labels.

Yankeebob said...

I know what you mean about putting all those ornaments back. It sucks! I keep all the original boxes for the cool ornaments, but we went out today and bought 3 of those big bins with the dividers. Everythings half price right now, so it was worth it.

As for the spiders, I don't blame you for getting the tree out of the house. I'm not freaked out by spiders, but I sure wouldn't want them hanging out inside with us.

Happy day after Christmas CL.

Roy Hobbs said...

OCD at it's Christmas best. Hope the holidays are going good for you and yours.

Summer said...

OMG! CL, honey, you need a break from the holidays. I've always considered myself OCD, but have never freaked about putting the ornaments away. I've freaked about where they go on the tree however. I take a picture of my tree every year so that I don't use the same color theme two years in a row or put the ornaments in the same place. It's like wearing the same dress to a christmas party that you wore last year. Who cares if no one notices; I notice and that's enough.

I've heard valium works wonders for obsession problems.

SJ said...

Spiders can't harm you. Only ones that have been stuck in a box for a year, then run to a tree to breed. They're the ones you have to watch for...

Blog Archive

Followers