Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Responding to the questions now

I'm only going to tackle a few at a time, or the post would be huge, and we all know how long our attention spans are around here. Oh come on, admit it. I'm not the only one with the attention span of a gnat.

Evil recommends:
1. Shaun Of The Dead. best zombie movie ever, and probably the funniest, too.
>In reality, probably won't watch it unless I catch it on cable sometime. I just can't seem to sit still for movies lately. But I will try.
2. Johnathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, by Susanna Clarke. i can't seem to stop recommending this book.
>It doesn't have a spaceship or a troll on the cover does it? (haha)
3. The Killers- Hot Fuss. probably this is the most corporate band i listen to, but i can't help lovin' 'em.
>This I will look into. Anything called The Killers can't be bad.

Evil asked:
1. what's your favorite kind of beer?
>Coors Light, naturally. I also like Tecate, but that's pretty much it. Right now I'm addicted to Capt Morgan's Parrot Bay rum with Diet Coke. Well, not addicted really, I just, um, like it.

Yarrrrrr! I'll get you drunk!

2. do you have any guilty pop culture pleasures, like being a huge closet Barry Manilow fan (a Fanilow) or something like that?
>I don't think so unless you count Eminem. Remember in Office Space at the beginning when Michael Bolton is listening to the hardcore rap music in his car, and when he sees that black guy he turns it down and rolls up the windows? That's me.
3. what kind of excuses do you use to get off of the phone with a relative who's talking your ear off?
>I don't. I'm a pansy, so I just keep talking. But once I told a telemarketer who was calling about the Mercury News that I was happy with my long distance service and hung up.

J recommends:

1.Parenthood with Steve Martin, Keanu Reeves & that judge lady who is now on Law & Order... it's just old school funny.
>I saw this years ago, I can barely remember it. But since I love Steve Martin and Keanu loves Terra, I'll watch it again.
2. Short stories by O.Henry. Short stories, British whit.
>This I'll read. Well, I'm 85% likely to read it.
3. Miles Davis' album Neffertiti.
>I've always wanted to listen to Miles Davis. Here's my excuse.

J asked:
1. What's your favorite cereal?
>Cinnamon Life, with Apple Cinnamon Cheerios running a close second. I like cinnamon, ok?
2. If you could be one exotic jungle animal, which would you pick?
>I'm going to go with the marmoset, because they're cute and I like to say "marmoset".

I'm a cute marmoset. Look at me.

3. Do you think that Laura Bush is a robot?
>No, but I think she plays one on TV.

YankeeBob recommends:
Movie - Cousins, Isabella Roselinni & Ted Danson, trust me, it's pretty good, romantic, happy sad, funny
>I trust you YB.
Book - Road To Gandolfo by Robert Ludlum very funny and the end is a surprise
>I like surprise endings, so ok I'll read it.
Music - Conferring with The Moon, William Ackerman, mellow guitarist, some keyboards (kinda new age) I noticed you like the mellow stuff.
>I absolutely like the mellow stuff, guitars and keyboards are key. I'll have a listen.

YankeeBob asks:
How often do you reorganize your closets? (Your Christmas ornaments post made me curious)
>I'm a little offended that you would think my closets need reorganizing. My closets are perfect, YB.
Is beer really the elixer of life?
>Duh. I mean no. Love is. *vomits*
Would you kiss a girl given the chance? (Sandy, for instance.)
>What makes you think I haven't? (Ok, I'll admit, I haven't kissed Sandra Bullock. Yet.)

Who's that over there? Is that Cindy? I want to kiiiiiss her, I want to daaaate her.

Michelle recommends:
The Cutting Edge starring D.B. Sweeney (pure cheese)
>I love cheese!
Sweet Memories by LaVyrle Spencer (ginormous titties keep a woman from finding true love)
>So many parallels to my life. Oh no, that's just a quote from Joel's blog, not true at all. But for some reason the word titties is offensive to me.
There She Goes by The La's (awesome)
>The La's. Ok. I'll take your word for it. Since we have so many things in common.

Michelle asked:
What is your biggest fear in life?
>Danger? Ha!

I walk on the wild side. I laugh in the face of danger, hahaha!
Now that we've all had a good laugh, I'm afraid of everything!

Why did you name your son Caden?
>I liked the name Cade, David liked the name Aiden. I figured if Will Smith could name his kid Jaden, I could combine the two and make Caden. It was that or Maximus, I opted for Caden. It was close there for a minute though. 20 hours of labor makes you kind of loony.
If money were no object, where would you live?
>San Jose, California! Have you not heard, I love it here.

That's all for today, ladies and gents. More tomorrow. There are so many good questions!

10 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Is tatas better? Jugs? Hooters? Yayas? Milk bags? Moneymakers?

Munch said...

I want to try some Captain Morgans myself. I havent yet had any of that drink.

At least you know Mamorsets would have sex for pleasure just like us humans.

TerraT said...

That's cool about Caden's name. Although Maximus might've been neat too. Especially if it came with a god complex

Yankeebob said...

I like the way you picked Caden's name. Great idea. Maximus? Like a Roman official or something? That's unique. (Like you.)

Cinnamon Life is great! I munch it right out of the box.

Funny, I just gave the Office Space DVD away. I thought the movie had promise, but the music ruined it for me.

The word titties is offensive? It sounds like a cartoon word. Big ones are overrated anyway.

Thanks for posting the Sandy pic. I needed a good drool first thing this morning.

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Your comments on the pictures were funny! Ha. I especially liked the Sandy one!

YB: You munch it out of the box? DIRTY!

Yankeebob said...

Hey Mel, isn't everything better out of the box?

grace said...

captions funny! comments funny!

Cindy-Lou said...

hey guys, quit being perverted on my blog.
oh just kidding. I love perverted.

MomMega: mothersmilkblog.com said...

Toe pick!

Peeved Michelle said...

I am so putting The Cutting Edge on right now. That scene where D.B. comes out in just a towel... yumma!

Blog Archive

Followers