Thursday, December 30, 2004

Act II, Scenes 1-3

Grace recommended:
a1. i was going to recommend shaun of the dead... but it's already been taken. so i'll say napoleon dynamite.
>I've been hearing about this Napoleon Dynamite but never knew what people were talking about. I finally saw the trailer for it last night and now I totally want to see it. Also, I totally want to see what Dane's hair looks like, since apparently it's a cross between Napoleon Dynamite and Easy-E. This I gotta see. (update: rented Napoleon Dynamite. Will watch tonight and let you know tomorrow how I liked it)
a2. i just finished the adventures of kavalier and clay. i thought it was definitely worth a read....
>Since I read anything I can get my hands on, I will find this book and pwn it. (I am teh hAx0r)
a3. if you like trip hop at all, check out esthero.
>Not knowing what trip hop means, the outcome does not look hopeful.....
Grace asked:
b1. when will you go see a physician to get your OCD treated?
>I assume you mean......

OCD: Our Corpse Destroyed
>Oh, that's not what you meant?

>I would guess OCD therapy would include forcing me to stare at this picture for hours on end, not being able to straighten out that corner of the FUCKING POST-IT NOTE!!!!!
(Ok, I'm ok. Deep, calming breaths.....counting to ten....)
>Real answer: Never.

b2. is any question too personal for you?
>Yes, there are some questions I would refuse to answer.
b3. if not, how old were you when you lost your virginity?
>This not being one of them, 16. Too young I feel now, but when we're 16 we have ALL the answers, don't we?

djfutile recommended:
(A) 1. Shaun of the dead (movie)
>We've gone over this. *sigh*
2. Hitch-hiker's guide to the galaxy (book)
>Next time I hitchhike across the universe I'll be sure to carry this as my guidebook. Oh, I'm kidding, I'll look for it next time I'm at Barnes and Noble.
3. i really like modest mouse lately, very modern Cure. (artist)
>I hate the Cure. Ok, I was joking but even joking, I still wanted to kick my own ass for saying that just now. Ok, I'll find Modest Mouse.

the DJ asked:
(B) 1. what is your favorite toothpaste
>Colgate!

>Can't you see why?
2. what was the best thing you got this year for xmas
>I have to say #1: seeing my son dance around in his underwear to the Nutcracker. Oh and I got a pretty cool bracelet, too. Also, Life of Pi, did you know that Mel and I are going to read it at the same time and have a cool little book club? As long as Ian doesn't give away the ending.
3. what..... is the airspeed velocity of an unladen(?) swallow?!
>I promise: Next time I get high I will watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail and I will answer this question then.

Super Ken recommended:
1. a movie - 'K-Pax'
>Actually I've seen this movie and loved it! Wow, one down; a million to go.....
2. a book - 'Catch 22' by Joseph Heller
>Are you trying to educate me? Get me to think? I feel a headache coming on.....
Really though, I will read this one. It's been on my mind for a while.
3. an album - ATOMSHIP 'Crash of 47'
>I have never even heard of Atomship, but I'll look around for it. Unless you'd like to email me a song......

Super Ken asked:
1. You're restless and alone in the house. What do you do?
>I wouldn't be home for long! I'd head out for some entertainment. I'd need some sustenance first:

I'll take a Strawberries Wild with the energy boost, please.

Then I'd head to that mecca of the mall......
2. What do you HATE about some blogs?
>Red writing on black background. (if any of you assholes changes to that now I'll come find you.) Also, whining about your ex-boyfriend, or not having a sense of humor. Also, when people write racist fake letters to the president. (haha! kidding, J)
3. (this one is stolen from some other weblog) You get the morning paper and see your name in the headline, what would you like the headline to say?
>I prefer to stay out of the papers, actually. I know, my answer sucks. Maybe I'll make something up......

"San Jose woman discovers method for converting blogging into an alternative energy source. Saves planet. Wins Nobel prize."

11 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

I just started Life of Pi! Can I be in your bookclub?

Cindy-Lou said...

Totally! Book clubs are the bomb. I started it tonight, I liked where he says Canada is populated by compassionate, intelligent people with bad hairdos. Anyone else want to join the book club? We can start a book club blog! I'm a total dork.

grace said...

i would like to read this book... however, i don't know about joining a club. the only club i wanna join is one that will allow me to get my freak on with cute boys (and girls, too. why the heck not?) with lots of drugs and alcohol. will you have that? if so, please count me in.

Cindy-Lou said...

Do you think I'd be in a club without sex, drugs, and alcohol?

Peeved Michelle said...

Ok, seriously, do all girl bloggers like boys and want to kiss girls? (Except for Joanne who thinks kissing girls is icky.)

cat said...

personally i thought shaun of the dead was boring as heck. my shawn liked it though. he likes zombies and stuff. i almost fell asleep. i even wrote a post about it somewhere and grrrace scolded me for it...

Cindy-Lou said...

Yes, Michelle.

grace said...

sweet! i'm in! :P

and, yes, michelle.

i had to chastise cat for not liking shaun of the dead. i almost had a heart attack when i saw that!!!! how could you?????

Joel said...

Hey! Have a happy New Year! That's an order! Yeah, that's right! Hey, wait... I was only joking CL! Put down that axe! AAAAAGGGGGGHHHH!!!!

Peeved Michelle said...

Happy new year!

SJ said...

Haven't seen 'Sean of the Dead' or 'Napoleon Dynamite', but just want to say that 'Team America' was the funniest film I saw all year - you should definately check that one out...

Blog Archive

Followers